Efficiency helps complete earthworks project early
When Georgiu Group, a national building construction, engineering and property development company, were awarded a land development project, they took this opportunity to review their productivity and cost control. The six-month project in Alkimos, Western Australia, involved moving 600,000 cubic meters of sand, rock and limestone 1.5 kilometers between the cut and fill zones. The site measured 2 kilometers long by approximately 600 meters wide. To get a better understanding of payloads, movement of material, and the productivity of operators and mass haul routes, Georgiou turned to SITECH WA.
In the past, Georgiou manually collected payload data to map to cost centres. They had no access to real-time data on productivity and material movement leading to potentially inaccurate and sometimes delayed information.
On this project, the team adopted a range of Trimble® solutions including: the 3D GCS900 Grade Control System, 2D Project Monitoring on Haul assets and LOADRITE X2350 excavator scales. Data from this hardware was used by InsightHQ and VisionLink® software to improve productivity, increase data transparency and accuracy, and therefore reduce costs. Georgiou used Business Center – Heavy Construction Edition (HCE) software for Mass Haul Analysis and Design Creation.
Georgiou saw benefits in the following areas
- 33% project time reduction and 25% hauling productivity gain through transparency of payloads
- Real-time visibility of cost to move material, load times, and other vital production data
- Quickly-defined optimal haul zones using Business Center – HCE
- Ability to monitor where material was removed and dropped
- Improved productivity with access to accurate, automatic production and volume reports
Read the full story of how Georgiou used the Trimble technology to increase productivity and finish the project early on the Trimble website.